- - Commercial Solar
- 92029, CA, USA
- Full Time
The available position within the Commercial Solar Engineering team will support sales and estimating by creating preliminary PV system designs and documentation based on guidance from the sales team and/or RFP documents. Baker Electric's Commercial Solar group focuses primarily on net metered commercial, industrial, municipal and federal opportunities. Systems typically range from 30kW to 3MW in size, may be roof, carport and/or ground mounted and are located in Southern California.
The primary responsibility of this position is to support the sales team. Through consideration of the technical challenges associated with any given project site, the PV Designer will make system design recommendations that are code compliant and consistent with Baker Electric's engineering standards.
• Preliminary PV module layouts for use in sales proposals and RFP response packages
• Preliminary electrical designs, specifying equipment, feeders etc., for use by estimating
• Energy production reports using Helioscope, PVWatts and/or PVSyst
• Single line diagrams
• The scope of the electrical design requires NEC calculations to determine minimum equipment ampacity (panelboards, disconnects, OCPDs), feeders, grounding and conduit sizing. Voltage drop calculations will also be required.
• The PV Designer may also be tasked to reach out to specialty equipment providers and subcontractors for budgetary pricing.
Other responsibilities may be assigned as business requires.
Supporting the sales team is a fast-paced role with regularly shifting priorities, calling for an individual capable of balancing level of detail against the amount of time available before the work is due. The right candidate also has excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a strong ability to convey technical concepts in a concise manner to sales, estimating and prospective clients.
• Minimum 1 year of experience in the solar industry, with specific knowledge of solar PV products and technologies required.
• Engineering degree desired, Electrical/Solar Engineering degree strongly preferred.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD required.
• Clear understanding and working knowledge of the NEC, CBC, CFC and other codes and standards applicable to commercial solar project development desired.
• Experience with PVWatts, PVSyst, Helioscope, PVComplete or other cloud-based design/production estimate platforms desired.Experience reading single lines, architectural plans and familiarity with electrical distribution systems helpful.
Baker Electric, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from all individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability or any other protected class, political affiliation or belief.
The information contained in the job posting is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of duties performed by this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned by the Supervisor or his/her designee.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media